[DeTomaso] NPC - 2001 Mustang GT persistent front Brake squeal

Phil pvperry at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 20 09:36:37 EDT 2010

All,

Got a question that hopefully the Pantera Collective can cast some
illumination upon :>)

My daughter has a 2001 Mustang GT convertible and had the front rotors
replaced and new stock pads installed.

Brakes function just fine, but have had, since being installed, a persistent
squeal when applied and what appears to me to be an inordinate amount of
brake dust.

I've checked the rotors and calipers for freedom of movement, and nothing
appears to be rubbing or dragging, everything turns freely and no abnormal
wear is showing up on the rotors after at least five thousand miles of
normal driving. She does not drive aggressively (as far as I know :>)) and
normally drives a 50/50 mix of town and highway on a daily basis.

So - what could be causing this and what can I do to fix it?

Phil