[DeTomaso] # of surviving cars

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Apr 19 22:37:41 EDT 2010

In a message dated 4/19/10 4:41:05 PM, tonydigi at optonline.net writes:

> What's the latest count on confirmed cars still in US?
> I'm  working on a nation-wide insurance project for POCA.  Need an update
> on
> how big the confirmed market is.

Confirmed? Of the 7000+ Panteras the factory and others built, we never
actually got more than about 15% into a registry. Too many people hide them &
never join our support group for various reasons, then can't understand why
no one will recommend their car when they finally try to sell. There are
estimates by various people that have a better grasp than most on how many are
still around- Steve Wilkinson is one. Call him, or ask him at the Reno Fun
Rally in a month. Cheers-J DeRyke