[DeTomaso] question for the brain trust

Richard Barkley rlbpantera at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 19 14:56:10 EDT 2010

I also installed that Noritz model a couple of years ago. And installed
it myself. Work great! I paid less than $1000 from a local discounter.
Some things to know though. You'll either have to install it outside (I
did) or install a new flue as your existing flue probably won't support
200K BTU and would burn your house down. A new flue w installation (if
it can be done) will cost way more than the heater. I was told it
couldn't be done in my house because of the 3 story + attic rise.

Also I saw an epoxy "repiping" alternative at a home show a few years
back. They litterly sand blast the inside of the pipes and then force
the epoxy through. Seems like the material is just what you want. They
might be able to do your tank. The hard part would be the cleaning.
Could you cut off the top to clean and then re-weld? Here's a site I
found, there are probably others. http://www.aceduraflo.com/fixmypipes.html
Richard

--
-----
Sincerely, Richard Barkley

To Ski or not to Ski, that is the question!

Richard Barkley (310) 373-6695 (home)
E-mail:  rlbpantera<atsign>  earthlink.net
ZONKEY'S home page: http://home.earthlink.net/~rlbpantera
Mammoth Lakes Vacation Condo: 2BR+loft/3Bath - Horizons 4 #186 (760) 934-6758
Condo web address: http://home.earthlink.net/~rbarkley