[DeTomaso] brake master cyl still bad?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Apr 19 10:54:06 EDT 2010

In a message dated 4/19/10 6 50 12, grayjim at att.net writes:

> Do you have a particular brand you like better than others you may have
> seen or used?  I've always thought that the pressure system that forced the
> air into the system at the bleeder end with the air then forced out at the
> fluid resevoir looked like the best approach but they *are* pricey.  Around
> $300 as I remember.

Oh, heck no!

Motive Products makes a fantastic unit geared for (and priced for) the home
hobby mechanic.

http://www.motiveproducts.com/

They make various adapters that thread right on to different applications.
 The generic European adapter works perfectly with the stock brake master
cylinder and clutch master cylinder reservoirs (it does NOT work with the
junk Wilkinson clutch master reservoir, which is a made-in-China threaded cap,
so if you buy a Wilkinson unit, you need to swap the reservoir over from
your old one).   The rectangular universal adapter works with most of the
aftermarket masters that the Pantera vendors have used over the years, and they
probably have one that fits the CNC clutch master too.

I can tell you that their 'black label' adapters, which are a bit more
expensive, are worth every penny.   I can tell you this because I *don't* have
them, and wish that I did!