[DeTomaso] brake master cyl still bad?

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Mon Apr 19 01:55:41 EDT 2010

2010-04-19 07:41, MikeLDrew at aol.com skrev:

> In a message dated 4/18/10 10 26 16, pantdino at aol.com writes:
>

>> I have a vacuum bleeder, but find it is not as good as having a human push
>> the pedal down in concert with opening and closing the bleeder.
>> This is because there is so much vacuum loss around the threads of the
>> bleed screw that not much is left to actually suction the fluid through.  And
>> all that leakage causes a constant stream of bubbles to appear in the bleed
>> tubing so you have no idea if you actually still have air in the line or
>> not.
>>

> I am totally sold on the whole pressure bleeder concept.   Instead of using
> vacuum to suck the air out at the calipers, I now use pressure to push the
> fluid from above.   Works great, and cheap!   Way less than $100.

+1

I have a simple bleeder which consists of a cap for the reservoir, with
just a rubber wheel valve, and a hose to connect the cap to the nearest
wheel, which is used as a pressure source.

http://www.luftman.se/biltjej.jpg :-)

Works for both the stock clutch and brake cylinders.

You just have to keep an eye on the fluid level and refill before you
push air into the system.

Makes bleeding a true one man job.

Thomas

--
Real life:   Thomas Törnblom             Email:  Thomas.Tornblom at Hax.SE
Snail mail:  Banvallsvägen 14            Phone:    +46 18 444 33 21