[DeTomaso] brake master cyl still bad?

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun Apr 18 15:11:50 EDT 2010

In a message dated 4/18/10 8:53:40 AM, pantdino at aol.com writes:

> AFAIK there are 1.0 possibilities-- the master cyl main seals are letting
> the fluid pass from one chamber to the other inside.
> Which means the "rebuild" job wasn't done at all or was done poorly.

Agreed. And if we're talking about a stock master cylinder, Bendix-Italia
won't even sell the cylinder separate from the whole high priced power brake
assembly. Call one of the vendors who sells a conversion system.
If it matters, I happen to prefer the complete GM power assembly sold by
Precision Pro-formance. American made, generates a little more boost pressure
than stock, PreProFormance will quickly & cheaply rebuild even the power
booster, and it fits. FWIW- J DeRyke