[DeTomaso] Dead tach ...

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun Apr 18 14:03:08 EDT 2010

In a message dated 4/17/10 9:03:47 PM, eanderson at geotracinternational.com
writes:

> I have confirmed that my tach is dead. I plan to have my stock Veglia
> repaired, but in the meantime I am going to add a temporary tach.....

EA, consider sending the tach to a rebuilder. Broken, it has little value,
but working, its worth maybe $200-$250. Both Panteras and Mangustas all use
the same tach. Once the bezel ring is pried off, there's only a small
circuit board inside. On mine, a single glass resistor has cracked in two;
replacing it cost $2.50...   Once apart, you can easily add extra light bulbs like
the Space City guys do, for better night driving. Johnny Woods adds a
chrome-tape reflector around the back edge to get the same benefits. Just a
thought- J DeRyke