[DeTomaso] old tires

rtaspl at aol.com rtaspl at aol.com
Sun Apr 18 09:13:02 EDT 2010

while buying new tires for a trailer the tire guy said to replace the tires every 5 years even if you never went anywhere. He said old tires can come apart at speed, and that goes for ALL tires, So I ask about my now 9 year old pilot sports that set in the garage most of the year, and go to the track 2 or 3 times and road trip 3 to 5 times a year. So the BIG question to the group is - are the tires safe to run over 100mph or is it a heat/time thing?

      Todd Reid