[DeTomaso] LeMans Pantera

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Apr 17 14:16:19 EDT 2010

In a message dated 4/16/10 4:48:20 PM, lotus0005 at hotmail.com writes:

> The problem is that my friend says this was in 1968-69, and he is
> positive it was a Pantera, rear-engine, etc.
> Does anyone know anything about the car?

Panteras were introduced in late 1970 at the New York Auto Show (when only
3 prototypes existed) but not homologated to compete in Europe due to
politics from Ferrari and Porsche until Spring of 1972. Of the 14 known LeMans
racers, none were ever entered or sponsored by Americans. And as far as I know,
Mangustas were never homologated since at that time, 500 examples needed to
be built and production never got that far. Maybe he was thinking of
Sebring? Cheers- J DeRyke