[DeTomaso] Seat Options

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 12:28:42 EDT 2010

I bough a set of real leather "*RECARO* " style seats for my 73 L. They are
absolutely beautiful, very comfortable. They have a nice feature in that
they fold forward so you can remove the fire wall cover without removing the
seats. The only problem is that with the rails they are to high and my head
hits the roof. Now i don't need seats to be adjustable because I am the only
one driving my car. Ideally the floor should be dropped ( which I believe
allot of the corvette seats had to do anyway. They also have openings in the
top for 5 or 6 point harnesses. They are also a little bit on the wide side.
So I may have to modify my handbrake lever on the passenger seat. I don't
use the hand brake since I installed brembo calipers. I am planning on
installing a hand brake but that's something I will have to address. I got
the seats for a great price. They were supposed to be $500.00 and I got them
for around $290.00 ( for the pair)
Let me know if you are interested and I can send you pictures and I will try
to find the record of the vendor's name and contact info.
Boyd