[DeTomaso] Hall-modified front calipers

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Fri Apr 16 10:50:15 EDT 2010

>From your description, I'm afraid "half-modified" means you ended up with
"half brakes".  There are a lot of good used, and even rebuilt, front
calipers showing up on EBay now and then, and I know the vendors either
stock rebuilt calipers, or will do it for you for a reasonable price (Byers
did mine, and they've been great for street use).  Interestingly enough,
they charge more to rebuild the rears than the fronts.

Those jerry-rigged units you have sound like an accident waiting to happen.

Mike Thomas
Yellow 74 L #6328