[DeTomaso] aero test-Front pillar

Matt matt at nwpantera.com
Wed Apr 14 22:36:32 EDT 2010

The idea was hinted by Jack to see what the front pillar raingutters removal would have on airflow. I simulated this by filling in the area as smooth and flush as I could,making a video then removing the filler and making another run. The problem was yarn is just too flimsy and whips around too fast to document and confirm any possible flow change. A better test material would help answer the question,I just haven't found it yet.
The oil or special formula thing sounds too messy and I don't have a pit crew to clean it all up! Otherwise you're right it would likely work well under the right test track conditions,just like real racers surely do.

Matt
3584