[DeTomaso] Pushrod guideplate adjustment?

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Apr 14 00:59:40 EDT 2010

FWIW, Dave, I think you've hit on the ultimate solution- DON'T TRUST
ANYONE! Do as much of the engine work as you can yourself, and what you just
cannot, farm out only to shops that are intimately familiar with thre 351-C.
Working with trainees- from our current President Obama down to the guy that
assembled your motor, is always expensive with a steep learning curve while the
customer pays the fees to train them to do better next time.

When I was much younger, I worked with a semi-pro drag racer at his day
job. He had just bought a brand new '55 Chevy and when I heard, I was anxious
to get a ride. He told me he bought the thing, drove it 8 miles home and
pulled the engine, trans and differential, then completely disassembled
everything. When I asked why he'd do such a thing, he said, "To fix the mistakes
THAT ARE ALWAYS IN THERE. I've already found three things set up wrong. Its
cheaper to do this now than after it spreads itself across a track...." When I
said that voids the warranty, he replied that if the factory couldn't do it
right the first time, he doubted the dealership would be any better, so to
him a warranty was worthless. FWIW- J DeRyke