[DeTomaso] sacrificial Panteras - :-(

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 09:11:38 EDT 2010

Hi Guys,

I work in the business and the money that is wasted is immense, the number
of boneheads are equally immense.

It would make tons of sense to build mock ups, etc if it were a low budget
movie like "Cannonball" or a  weekly series like "Miami Vice" ( the Daytona
was a Corvette, The Testa Rossa was a Pantera ( I'm told ), true story about
the TR512,
the only reason that the Daytona was blown up was it was to be replaced by a
Turbo Porsche Whale tail, but Ferrari got wind of it and supposedly got so
upset that Tubbs, Crockett, Mann and the Production Co
all got a Free TR512 to keep the Ferrari name in the series.)
But the day rates of of Movie Car or "Picture Car" folks ( like me sometimes
) are prohibitive in comparison to just solving the problem with a
checkbook.
If I had to pay a person to oversee the mock up preparation each day for a
month, I could just buy another car and call it a day.
Sometimes you get Car guys involved, like Tom Cruise on War of the Worlds,
the GT350H was real and given to him afterwards.  The Tucker used in Tucker
sits in the Coppola's Winery in Napa Valley,

Two weeks ago I crashed a 1988 Chevrolet Celebrity that we bought for 2,000
and put another 1,000 into it for a roll bar, race seat and belts.  Nobody
cried over that one, since Cash for Clunkers, it took me 3 weeks to find a
POS Celebrity like I needed, I actually stopped a guy driving down the road
and offered to buy his car out from under him.  He sold it and drove it
straight to the bank with me to get cash.

Michael Shortt
Savannah, GA.