[DeTomaso] Temprature & Oil Senders

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Mon Apr 12 20:54:00 EDT 2010

Tony,

What I learned about the Pantera water temperature gauges and the  various
available senders is at _http://www.panteraplace.com/page205.htm_
(http://www.panteraplace.com/page205.htm) .

The short version is Borg-Warner WT324 or Niehoff TS25571, without  the 10
ohm resistor which was added for 260 degree gauges, are a good match to  the
Veglia 260 degree gauge from 160 degrees and up. Other temp senders listed
for the same Ford engine are not suitable.

I have tested three different part numbers for oil pressure senders  and
none of them work worth a damn with the Veglia oil pressure  gauge. In my
present state of knowledge, I consider the Veglia gauge and  the OEM Ford sender
to be an elaborate idiot light.

Have fun,

SOBill  Taylor
sobill at aol.com