[DeTomaso] Dawg's Pantera and NORC

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sun Apr 11 21:59:37 EDT 2010

Dennis,

Ever since Tuesday, I've had emails from the forum stopped.  It was
partly a way to focus on the family for a while and get my head back in
the game.  So I've been a little Pantera inactive this week.

I missed the autocross this weekend because my wheels and tires aren't
ready.  Someone from the autocross recommended a place to dismount and
remount my tires for free, friend of a friend kind of thing.  Well, I
got them back Friday night and all four had -not- been re-balanced, and
one now had rocks -inside-.  I could hear them rattling around as I
rolled the tire.  So I gave up on this weekend and spent time with the
family.

In an effort to see what's been happening,  I went through the archives
to see what I missed this week.  I see you couldn't get any buyers for
the Truck, Trailer and Pantera. :)  Does that mean you still want to
bury it in Washington?  I still have the space allocated in my garage
and can assure you it will get driven.

I'm ready for NORC with just one small item.  I can't pay for it.  The
car is ready (just have to get the tires done again), the driver is
ready, we're all set to go, just no money and no available credit.  So
be that as it is, I think I'll end up shooting for SSCC in September.
This should give time to formulate a strategy for raising the money to
get there.

No bites on my old Jeep Wagoneer.  I may have to look into going prices
for 1971 Mach I Mustang's next.  I hate to, but the fact is... I'm not
driving her and she's just sitting there rotting away. <sigh>.

Are you still working the LAX project until you head out?

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
& Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA