[DeTomaso] NPC Old Car Guy

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 14:39:46 EDT 2010

I'm on travel, and I stopped into a gas station.

An old Porsche is getting fueled next to me, by an old guy.  I strike up a conversation,
asking about his car.

It seems rather 'old' and has a creased front screen.  The front hood hinges seem quite
crude to, as he

fuels the enclosed tank.  The car is full of stuff, like he spends a LOT of time in the
car (almost like living in it).

The car is in decent shape for what appears to be a regularly driven car.

I'm guessing early 1950's, but I don't see any emblems to help me out.

He tells me it is a 1949 Coupe.  He has driven her over 1,000,000 miles, and bought her in
1957.

(He didn't look THAT old, so good for him and his car.)

Now that is a driven hobby car!

Chuck