[DeTomaso] ALTERNATOR

hemipanter at hemipanter.se hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Sun Apr 11 05:43:12 EDT 2010

After talking with one of the firms specializing in generators,
and also have rebuild some generators for better output, so I
can say the following.

High output requires cooling, and the smaller the generator, the
better  the fan must work. Particularly in the case of continuous
high power output.

The generators I have rebuilt have ALL given better output at high
engine revs, BUT at the expens of worse low rpm output. My problem
has been that my radiator fan need so much power that the injection
gone bad in the traffic queue. To then rebuild the generator for
higher power output resulted in an even worse charge in this
situation, even as it worked great on the highway, this was of no
help because the fan was not needed then.

If high power output is required, a BIG generator is clearly best.
And it should be BUILT for high power, NOT a "hotted up" small one.

A three wires with an inbuilt relay is what I recommend, not a single
wire. The reason is that 3 wires have a wire that senses the voltage
at a desired location in the electrical system.

Modern generators ARE better and smaller in size, but specify your
need when buying one.

Goran