[DeTomaso] koni shocks

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Apr 11 02:18:51 EDT 2010

In a message dated 4/10/10 23 13 50, boyd411 at gmail.com writes:

> I noticed that at least twoo of my Konis are leaking. Can anyone tell me
> the
> replacement model # and if there is a better shock (either koni or another
> brand ) that would be better for track use?

What kind of Konis do you have?   And do you actually *know* that your
shocks are Konis, or are you assuming?

Back in the day, Koni made OEM replacement shocks that used the stock,
large-diameter springs.   They were typical Koni orange in color.   More
recently (that is, within the last 25 years) the Pantera vendors have been selling
modern, small-diameter Koni shocks; typically they have yellow bodies and
blue or black springs.   Either kind can be rebuilt easily.

Let us know what you've got, and we'll go from there. :>)