[DeTomaso] ALTERNATOR

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Sat Apr 10 21:27:53 EDT 2010

Not necessarily so, I have a GM type alternator in the 60 A range in my car.
Also, it is my understanding that a 100 A alternator doesn't guarantee a
higher output at idle than a 60 A unit. If your need is higher output at low
rpm, consult the alternator data sheets before you replace it. I did such an
investigation a couple of years ago and decided not to replace my "low
output" unit. My findings were that no high output alternators in my
supplier's inventory would improve low rpm output notably compared to my
existing alternator. Ask yourself when your car uses more than 60 A and at
what rpm you are then. Decide accordingly...

Tomas