[DeTomaso] Mallory tach adapter

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Thu Apr 8 02:20:25 EDT 2010

Not sure why an adapter is needed, but if the problem is that the signal
amplitude is too small, then modifying the tacho may be a relatively
simple fix.

When I installed the Ford EDIS ignition, the amplitude to the tacho was
insufficient and I opened up the tacho and by-passed a resistor on the
input, which made the tacho work properly again.

The Veglia tacho senses the fly-back pulses from the ignition coil,
which are on the order of hundreds of volts, and the EDIS, and perhaps
other more modern electronic ignition systems, use 5-12V for the tacho
signal.

If I want to change back to a traditional ignition I can just add the
resistor back externally in series with the input signal.

Cheers,
Thomas

--
Real life:   Thomas Törnblom             Email:  Thomas.Tornblom at Hax.SE
Snail mail:  Banvallsvägen 14            Phone:    +46 18 444 33 21