[DeTomaso] Booster rebuild

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Apr 7 01:55:51 EDT 2010

In a message dated 4/6/10 4:24:16 PM, spkorb at gmail.com writes:

> ....If anyone has a suggestion (on rebuilding a Pantera brake booster),
> I'd be delighted.

Replace the complete stock assembly, preferably with a GM-sourced complete
assembly modified by Precision Proformance. The cost is less than a new
Benditalia assembly, it fits in the same space, has a larger step-bore master
cylinder with a slightly larger booster diaphragm so it develops more line
pressure, and weighs slightly less. The Byars have the necessary adapter
fittings and can rebuild these units in less than a week, at very low cost. I put
one on our Pantera some 10 years ago and recommend it; to the untrained eye,
it looks stock. FWIW- J DeRyke