[DeTomaso] Pushrod guideplate adjustment?? [Re-trying to get this post.]

wkooiman at earthlink.net wkooiman at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 6 20:28:54 EDT 2010

Measuring the distance from the studs sounds like a good idea.

You might also consider taking the heads to a different machine shop.  i.e. not the one that converted the heads to screw-in studs.

Someone mentioned that the rocker studs might have been tapped off center (or crooked).

Regardless, a decent machine shop should be able to tell if the studs are where they're supposed to be.

The bottom line is if the studs are bent or crooked, the rocker will be crooked too, and even if you cut/reweld the guide plates, you're still going to have a rocker related failure.