[DeTomaso] Race trailers

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 17:08:03 EDT 2010

A friend has asked me for some ideas/advice on getting and setting up a trailer (enclosed)
for a

"race" hobby car.

A friend of his has/had a 24 foot (?) trailer he might sell (upgrading his setup), neither
guy is in a hurry.

I was un-willing to offer much advice as I don't currently have a race trailer, but I told
him I'd help gather info.

Seems like a great topic to infinitely BS about!

Sure it might be good to go to a track event, walk the pits and ask for advice.  So lets
pretend this is what I am doing!

So if people could point me to websites or offer their own knowledge, from experience,
that would be great.

My old website had a bunch of pages and pics Pantera-specific trailers, but when Geocities
went away the collection

was probably lost.

So if people would send some pics of the inside of their trailers that would help with the
layout/planning phase,

and help us not forget something important.

So now is your chance to help a "newbie"!

I'll start a list of.  Things to consider:

Maximum size (presume: tow behind a 'Bourbon 13,000 lbs max)  (height, length, width,
weight.)

frame (steel versus aluminum)

dual axle (versus triple axle)

walls, flooring, roof etc.

vents

electrical (12V batteries, 110 converters, amps needed)

lighting

security

fuel storage

tire storage

work bench ideas

tool boxes

weight balance

awning

stowage (how best to place what where and how to secure)

list of options/contents etc.

Nitrogen bottle, portable compressor ?,

ice chest.

What to bring (what not to bring, etc).

This is just a partial list to get you guys thinking.

I may even add this stuff to a web page for all to view.

You may contact me directly (off-list) if you prefer.

Chuck