[DeTomaso] Hall Headers

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Mon Apr 5 22:13:46 EDT 2010

Dear Rob,

         You wrote:

"......another Huge improvement is to
invest $89. with Holstrom for their port plates.....these are the
individual stainless inserts that raise the floor of the exhaust port
inserted into the head....I've run them for years and when we dynoed the
thing back in 1988...the difference was another 20hp..."

"Any thoughts on the filing mod to the Hall headers and for Holstrom port
plates?  Are these the same as the Port Stuffers that have being discussed
the past few days?"

$$$$$$    Rob,  these are not the same as Port Stuffers.   The exhaust port
"stuffers" have names such as port plates or Stingers.     They have been
reportedly helpful for exhaust flow and therefore horsepower.   Dyno
evidence was never readily available to support the claims.   Dan Jones'
Great 351C Dyno project recently tested a set of the bronze Port Stingers
from MPG ( I believe that's right).   IIRC, they were good for an honest 5-6
horsepower, but far, far less than 20 hp.    The Holstrom port plates may
well be helpful, but probably in the lower single digit range....

                       Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles

--
Rob DuMoulin
904.476.8744