[DeTomaso] Hall Headers

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Mon Apr 5 19:21:41 EDT 2010

One of the many things on my restoration list is to fix the header leak from
my stock headers.  I just bought this pair of Hall Pantera headers off of
ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=170465306464&view=all&tid=0

<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=170465306464&view=all&tid=0>The
seller says the following:

...if you are running 4V ..the exhaust ports should be dremeled on the top
of the header so the escaping gasses won't crash into a wall....this is
easily done even with a hand file .  Only the top of the port on the header
needs this fix....I'm suprised that Hall hasn't done this at manufacture.
This will help for extra mid range power......another Huge improvement is to
invest $89. with Holstrom for their port plates.....these are the
individual stainless inserts that raise the floor of the exhaust port
inserted into the head....I've run them for years and when we dynoed the
thing back in 1988...the difference was another 20hp...

Any thoughts on the filing mod to the Hall headers and for Holstrom port
plates?  Are these the same as the Port Stuffers that have being discussed
the past few days?

--
Rob DuMoulin
904.476.8744