[DeTomaso] Port Stuffers

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Apr 3 14:43:20 EDT 2010

Paul, not sure whats listed in the stuffer instructions, but from
experience, get the bonding area ULTRACLEAN! The pulsing inside the ports is much
stronger than you'd think, and if one stuffer insert comes loose, it'll block
that port and lean it out, possibly causing engine damage. I once made a
plenum baffle of 0.090" aluminum, and in only 5 miles of racing, it was smashed
into one port, severely bent and distorted.
Personally, I would drill a hole and BOLT each intake stuffer in place
after spreading your magic glue on it. For a Cleveland, the intake has no water
passages to worry about. And I'd leave the bolt there forever. Holes can
always be welded up . Good luck- J DeRyke