[DeTomaso] Port Stuffers

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sat Apr 3 13:25:41 EDT 2010

Dear Paul,

          Here are the details.  One shouldn't rely on memory always.   The
stock 4v head without stuffers and without a bowl job flowed 280 cfm.
Stock head without stuffers and with a bowl job flowed 294 cfm.   The stock
4v head with stuffers and clay plus the bowl job produced maximum flow of
308 cfm.  From .300 inch lift to .500 inch flow was about 15% higher than
without the port stuffer.

           The epoxy favored by the engine guys is:  ZSpar Splash Zone,
apparently also known as KopCoat.   It is reportedly available in small
quantities from a placed called Goodson.  It is reportedly a bit expensive
and has a shelf life of about a year I am told, so the smaller quantity
should work best with the port stuffer project.

                  Warmest regards, Chuck Engles