[DeTomaso] WINDOW REGULATOR

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Apr 2 23:51:12 EDT 2010

In a message dated 4/2/10 20 36 53, teampantera at yahoo.com writes:

> Anyone know the part number for the passenger side window regulator?
> This is the entire assembly which has the arm and gear on one side.

The internet is your friend!

http://www.panterasbywilkinson.com/webpages/catalog/ill32.html

http://www.panterapartsusa.com/cgi-bin/detail.cgi?prod_id=20232A

That's for the right side; supposedly it's a complete assembly, minus the
manual crank (everything in the circle in the drawing).   Ford normally
didn't sell this as an assembly; the gearbox was one assembly (234A24), the motor
was separate (14553), and the arm/spring/etc. was another separate part
(23208).   The rubber hoozit that connects the motor to the gearbox is 23440.
Those are the numbers on the Ford parts drawing.   Looking up those numbers
elsewhere in the parts book gives the actual Ford part numbers for them,
i.e. the gearbox is D16Y 63234A24-A for the RH side.

I believe Ford had a universal part numbering scheme, such that part 234A24
would be the general part number for a window regulator for ANY Ford
vehicle; then the vehicle-specific parts book would break it down further with the
specific part number for the specific application.   Guys like Steve
Liebenow would be much better versed in that sort of arcane knowledge and could
perhaps shed more light on it.