[DeTomaso] looking for drivers side front bumper

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Apr 2 21:09:30 EDT 2010

In a message dated 4/2/10 17 27 38, kenn_green at yahoo.com writes:

> I ended up with one early (square corners on inside edge) and one later
> (slightly rounded corners) passenger side front bumpers.  Please send an
> email if you want to swap or sell a drives side bumper.

Wait a minute.   You need to figure out what you NEED.   Your car is a '72
Euro GTS, right?   It has rounded edge bumpers in the rear?   In that case,
it needs rounded edge bumpers in the front.

I have a spare rounded edge driver's front bumper that came off of a '72
Euro GTS.   Rather than chrome finish, they were painted black.   When I had
it stripped and powdercoated, the powdercoat shop handed it back to me in
bare metal--it looked pretty crappy and wouldn't look good with powdercoat.
However, if finished the way the factory did them (skim coat of bondo, then
paint) it would be perfect.

It's actually mounted on my car at the moment; I just hurriedly shot it
with spray paint and bolted it on, several years ago, and few people have
noticed.   I have a good chrome one that I am going to have powdercoated to match
my good passenger one, and that will leave my slightly distressed, painted
bumper surplus to the cause....