[DeTomaso] Firestone recomendation

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 10:37:52 EDT 2010

Helium isn't flamable, that's Hydrogen.

Nitrogen has been used in racing tires for decades because it doesn't expand
at temperature as does regular air.
This is applicable only in racing tires generally speaking where a 1 lb can
make a difference between "Push'n" and Pull'n" or as
sports car people say, Understeer and Oversteer.

IMHO opinion, removing the valve stems in a bad idea, valve stem caps,
threads and the stems themselves were not designed to be pressure holding
devices, but rather to keep it attached to keep the dirt out of the workings
of the air valve itself.

Every NFL and College team has at one time tried to use helium to make a
football fly higher and father, it has no measurable effect on either and
the weight in nearly the same,
'helium only works uncompressed when it is allowed to expand and displace
air.

As far as the 84.00 that you spent, if you are happy, that's all that
counts.

Hate to be a killjoy.

Michael