[DeTomaso] 427 SOHC in a Pantera?

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Tue Sep 29 03:38:49 EDT 2009

I've certainly put in an engine that is a bit out of time because it is
fun, but a 427 Soch, I think is most worth to collectors who will have
it serve for the right car of its time. We know how a 351 cam chain
might look like and it is not fun in a Soch. 427 is also quite a "small"
engine so it is not to powerfull either. But one may of course get a
very orginell car with such engine.
Goran

Anyways, his dream is to put a Ford 427 SOHC in the car.  After I
pulled myself off the grass and stopped my insane laughter, he tells
me he figures he will move the gas tank up front (I suggested a fuel
cell), relocate the coolant tanks, and redo the inner wheelhouse
panels a bit and slide that SOHC right in there.

Has anyone ever done this?

Is there the slightest chance it can be done?

Larry