[DeTomaso] Door Handles

Edward A. Nauman enauman at roadrunner.com
Mon Sep 28 22:53:17 EDT 2009

Edward A. Nauman\

C.E.O.

Smart Litez Inc

Palmdale, CA. 93551

(661) 305-7636

From: Edward A. Nauman [mailto:enauman at roadrunner.com]
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 6:46 PM
To: 'detomaso at list.realbig.comm'; 'befthomas at comcast.net'
Subject: Door Handles

Hey Mike or anyone else for that matter,

      If the little plastic bezels or buckets or whatever they're called,
are broken, cracked or need replacing, I can help.  I know that the vendors
have plastic replacements for sale.  As an alternative, I made a set of
replacements for my car out of solid billet aluminum.  I digitized the
originals on my CNC and wrote a program to duplicate them.  They look real
good after they are polished.  I beefed up the weak points and high stress
areas on the inside where the pivot pin goes through so they are a lot less
likely to crack.  I can make you a set if you want.  They are kind of pricy
because they take a lot of machine time to make, but they are a nice touch
for a concourse grade car.  If anyone is interested, email me.

Ed

>I am going to have to pull my passengers door handle this winter to repair
the bezel and so it will lock again.  Looked at Mike Dailey's website but
nothing on taking the handle out / replacing it.  Has >someone put together
a how-to with pics?  I've heard this can be pretty tricky.

Edward A. Nauman\

C.E.O.

Smart Litez Inc

Palmdale, CA. 93551