[DeTomaso] 427 SOHC in a Pantera?

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Mon Sep 28 22:25:18 EDT 2009

Hey Guys,

Went to a little show down south of Fresno in Selma on Saturday.

Parked next to a '60 Caddy Coupe de Ville and low and behold, the
owner has a Pantera.  It is in a stalled re-build status after the
clutch went out  (2005 or so) and he took that as a sign to redo
everything.

Anyways, his dream is to put a Ford 427 SOHC in the car.  After I
pulled myself off the grass and stopped my insane laughter, he tells
me he figures he will move the gas tank up front (I suggested a fuel
cell), relocate the coolant tanks, and redo the inner wheelhouse
panels a bit and slide that SOHC right in there.

Has anyone ever done this?

Is there the slightest chance it can be done?

Larry