[DeTomaso] Thank you SOBill.

Dave Londry davel at emspace.com
Mon Sep 28 00:24:25 EDT 2009

After a complete overdose of the 'customer-from-hell',
I decided to take 6143 on a 3 day  tour from home (outside Vancouver BC),
over the coastal mountains to the Okanagan Valley and back.
This was my first real Pantera drive and I wanted to start out Monday
Morning.
Situation normal, by 3PM I had everything caught up so I could leave.
Went to back out of the garage and the clutch pedal was a bit funny.
Of course I didn't want to believe it and got to the street with brake
fluid peeing on the ground.
Got it back onto the lift quick, while there was still fluid in the
master, shut it down and had a 5 minute sulk.
It was on my schedule to change slaves next winter #@$^#$%$*%^.
Aha - let's look in Bill's Pantera Reference spreadsheet.
Hmmm, there are some references but nothing that I could get here.
Then it finds NAPA CS Kit 255 -- AHA!.

I call the nearest NAPA and they just want to know what car it's from -
couldn't find their noses if their fingers weren't already there.
Coming up 4PM, call the next nearest and the lady says "sure, there's
one in the warehouse. I can have it here by 4:30 hunney"
You betcha hunney.
I'm there by 4:30 and so is the part. I can't recognize it and it has a
weird bellows and crosses to an S10 Chevy.
Well my faith is wandering a bit, but it's $28 and there's no other game
in town.
Back home, pull the slave - that's easy.
Pull off the bellows and yaaack. It's full of crud and worse, has a
layer of hard crud on the low side of the bore.
I'm too chicken to try to blow the piston out, so 1 hour of scotchbrite
wrapped around a finger and it pops.
(no fingerprint left on that finger, oh well - just don't get arrested)
Hey, that piston looked just like the one in the kit, except not blue.
10 minutes more with scotchbrite chucked up on a dowel and the bore was
shiny.
Back together PDQ and bled, re-adjusted the travel.
Yahoo - but it's 9PM and no point starting a mountain drive in the dark.

I'll post a bit about the trip tomorrow.
But thanks to SOBill and Pantera_Reference.xls, that cat came from
busted to back online in about 5 hours.
dave

--
Dave Londry