[DeTomaso] HERB GRASS MANGUSTA / Dick Ruzzin

dickruzzindesign dickruzzindesign at aol.com
Sun Sep 27 07:37:25 EDT 2009

Sorry, I lost the message---

Chuck (I think),
I do not know the number of Herbs car.  He told me it was originally black and as soon as he bought it he painted it.  It was stunning, he painted it McClaren orange, very much like the Mustang color that was introduced a couple of years ago.  He did the wheels and screens in the front and back a very light gray.

Anyway, when he took the top of the instrument panel off he found a business card, Casius Clays manager and he called him.  I did see a picture in some magazine once of a black car although I do not know if it was the same one.  Apparently he did not fit in it very well, actually Herb did not either.

Last I heard Herb is in Phoenix and deals in automotive literature.  He converted the car to right hand drive and took the car to Australia and then to India where he worked.

He designed the Briklin, the mid-engine one.

He admired Sterling Moss and named his son Sterling Mangusta Grass.

--
All the best, Dick Ruzzin.