[DeTomaso] rear brakes

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 03:23:19 EDT 2009

I am tying to install new poter field rear brake pads. I can't get the top
caliper boly out oy the caliper. I removed the pad retainig pins ( thinking
I could slide new pads in with out removing the caliper.) I can get the
caliper open far enough to get the insdie pad installed but I can't get the
caliper open enough to install both pads. Is there a trick to getting the
caliper open all the way ?
II was using a pneumatic impact wrench to try to remove the top caliper
mounting bolt. Are there impact wrenches that have a  higher level of
torque?

Boyd