[DeTomaso] NOISY MUFFLERS / Dick Ruzzin

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Sep 26 23:02:13 EDT 2009

In a message dated 9/26/09 19 54 7, dickruzzindesign at aol.com writes:

> I got the mufflers from Herb Grass who was a designer at Ford.  He also
> bought a Mangusta that had belonged to Cassius Clay.
> He was trading in Pantera parts and I bought the mufflers from him for
> $25.00 each.  They look just like the pictures that I have recently seen on
> the internet.  My confusion is that there are other GT-S variants although I
> think these are standard GT-S>
>

>>>What vintage are they?   I ask because what we now call "GTS" mufflers
weren't ever available from Ford..   The Euro GTS (and later GT5 and GT5-S)
used what we call the "GTS" mufflers, but all the US-specification Ford-era
cars used much more girly exhausts.   Even the US-model GTS used standard
Pantera L mufflers with oversize chrome tips to make them look like the Euro
exhausts.

A picture is worth a thousand words--bust out your camera, Dick!   And take
some measurements, of the inlet pipe, muffler can dimensions, exhaust tip
dimensions, etc. :>)