[DeTomaso] Bulkhead Reduction Kit

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Sep 24 14:53:49 EDT 2009

In a message dated 9/24/09 6:16:10 AM, richard at hitecheng.on.ca writes:
> or you can move the alternator back 1 inch and drive it from the inner
> belt. Jack can tell what is required to do this.

Sure- forgot to mention this. You hacksaw 1" off the rear of the stock Ford
alternator boss, and shift the cut piece to the front of the alt boss as a
loose spacer, in the stock bracket. That moves the alt back towards the
cylinder head 1" and aligns the alt pulley with the inner sheave of the A/C
compressor pulley. Only 'trick' is to be able to make a reasonably straight cut
with a hacksaw. You still get belt adjustment by switching the stock
alt-adjusting bar from the front of the water pump boss to the back, using the same
bolt. Since the A/C pulley always runs when the engine is running, it acts
like an idler. Its been so long since I did this, I can't remember if I
reused the stock vee belt.... our Pantera has been running this way since 1995
with zero problems. See a shot of the belt routing on our engine in the POCA
Newsletter for October (now in the mail). Cheers- J Deryke