[DeTomaso] GT5S Brakes

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Sep 24 14:16:12 EDT 2009

In a message dated 9/23/09 5:08:04 PM, ihannington286720mi at comcast.net
writes:

> I have a friend who has a 1987 GT5S and he needs brake pads.  Does anyone
> know who would sell them or what to cross reference them to.  He says the
> rears are Girling but the fronts have no markings at all on them.  He heard
> they may be Brembo's.

They are Girling three-piston both tront and back unless someone changed to
different assemblies. THey are good brakes and a varient was used on the
racing DeTomasos.They were adapted by DeTomaso from Rolls-Royce brakes for
GT-5 and GT5-S so there are no cheap cross-overs. The vendors have brake pads
(except maybe for the e-brake pads). FWIW- J Deryke