[DeTomaso] GT5S Brakes

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Sep 23 21:13:15 EDT 2009

In a message dated 9/23/09 17 08 6, ihannington286720mi at comcast.net writes:

> I have a friend who has a 1987 GT5S and he needs brake pads.  Does anyone
> know who would sell them or what to cross reference them to.  He says the
> rears are Girling but the fronts have no markings at all on them.  He heard
> they may be Brembo's.
>
>>>Nope--fronts and rears are both Girling.

> I checked with Porterfield and they do not sell them.
>
>>>No--they don't KNOW that they sell them--but they do.

I can't remember what the brakes cross over to.   I believe that the Jensen
Interceptor Mark III may have used the same brakes, front and rear?   Plus
several other high-end heavy British cars (Bentley/Rolls Royce perhaps?)

All your friend needs to do is make a tracing of the backing plate and send
it to them.   They will cross-reference it against all their Girling
offerings and come up with the appropriate ones.

BTW I went through this exercise with another GT5-S owner a couple of years
ago, and he ultimately found success with an off-the-rack set of pads from
Porterfield.   I forgot to ask him what the reference was though?