[DeTomaso] GT5S Brakes

Jim Ferrara tgr289 at verizon.net
Wed Sep 23 21:10:02 EDT 2009

In a nutshell, the fronts are the same as early Aston Martin V8 (somewhat
hard to find, but they're out there for about #30-$50 a set from
time-to-time on eBay). The rears are the same as early Jaguar Series
I/II/III XJ6/12 sedans that are available all day long for less than $25 a
set from most Jaguar vendors.

Here is a cross-reference I developed to source front and rear pads:

Front Pad   (122mm X 73mm X 19mm)
Girling 64 325 839
GDB 503
EBC DP2223 (223 series)
Hawk HB 106

Rebuild Kit Girling SP 2577

Rear Pad   (80.7mm X 66mm X 15.2mm)
Girling 64 325 738
GDB 521
GP97 (same as early Jaguar XJ series)
Mintex MGB521
EBC DP2101 (101 series)
Porterfield GD 557
Ferodo 2430F FF64R

Rear Brake Pad Pin Kit    Jaguar JLM-1539 (vented rotor)
XJ12 Brake Pad Pin = 12798;   Clip = 11369
Rebuild Kit Girling SP 2524