[DeTomaso] Crankcase Evacuation System

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Wed Sep 23 15:25:57 EDT 2009

Do we need "air in"?

If we for example like to create a lower than abient pressure in
the  Crankcase, then letting fresh air in will destroy this.

Vacupan system should not pressurize the crankcase since there is
supposed to be an anti reverse valve in the line.

I bet if there is a to restrictive muffler, these system will not
work good, but if a straight flow muffler is used, a very good
suction is created if properly designed collector tube is welded in
place. In fact it may be so good that oil will be drawn out the
exhaust. Making good use of an oiltrap at the valve cover.
Goran