[DeTomaso] Bulkhead Reduction Kit

asajay at asajay.com asajay at asajay.com
Wed Sep 23 14:54:16 EDT 2009

Quoting ADRMPRINCE at aol.com:

> Hi All,
> I am thinking about installing a Bulkhead Reduction Kit in my car.   The
> questions I have are:
>
>     -Is the kit still available?

Yes, Contact Kirk Evans or Dennis Quella

>     -If so, where can it be purchased?

See above

>     -How much work will be needed on the engine to make  it fit?

Remove the Alternator and A/C Compressor.
Modify the existing A/C bracket, and install new piece to mount A/C
Compressor and alternator.
Mount new rotary A/C compressor.
Mount alternator
Alternator now sits outboard of the A/C compressor, down low.  Crank
drives A/C, A/C then drives alternator.

>     -Can a novice do it?

Yes.

>     -How involved is this whole process?

See above

>     -Approximate ball-park figure of money  involved

You'll need to contact a vendor, there are several pieces to this that
you can get:
- New A/C - Alternator bracket
- New reduced bubble engine access hatch
- New reduced bubble firewall cover.

In my case, I have the bracket and reduced bubble hatch, but have not
yet obtained the firewall cover.  (It's a run out of money thing).  I
got mine from Kirk Evans and I would strongly encourage you to contact
him.  He, like Dennis, is very willing to talk with you on the phone
to determine your exact needs, help you with install, etc.

Asa Jay