[DeTomaso] Crankcase Evacuation System

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 22:33:28 EDT 2009

Mike,

Remember when we were taking a photo of your NOS Mangusta jack-shaft bearings?
We were standing in front of ???'s car with the 5.4...after a discussion on the
theory and benefits of the PVC-to-exhaust connection.

So... who's car?

Chuck

> So Mike, are you saying it sucks?

No, I'm saying other people who tried it said it did NOT suck.   In fact,
it pressurized the crankcase in some cases.   Those who purport to know said
that it was a marginally effective power-adder at stratospheric rpm, which
is why it's used on drag racers, but basically it doesn't work at lower rpm,
and can be counterproductive.   That's my recollection anyway.

I can't find the thread in the archives; it may have been a case of thread
drift from another topic?

Mike (yes Ken, I got the joke!) :>)