[DeTomaso] 2009 Results - Silver State - Run #44

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 22 17:44:34 EDT 2009

Hey Art,

thanks....the rumble strips is an added risk....so are the rolling hills, potential rain or animals, debris, patched asphalt, etc.   As some one told me a year ago, "if you need to slow down to safely navigate the course (and now add the rumble strips) then do it!
Best advise I ever got.

In retrospect there were NO tire failures related directly to the rumble strips. The fastest driver's (TomC, BobS, JimW, SteveW, MikeB, etc) ALL had the same initial reaction (pucker factor) that I did at speed when they had to apex over the rumble strips but none of them had any tire blow outs either.

I talked toTed and Blaine in the 63 Ford about they're blow-out.  No one else had a tire blow-out and some of the fastest driver's were faster then they had ever been....most driver's if they went slower blamed themselves or the road conditions and not the rumble strips......Ted's Ford is a heavy beast (all most 4,000 pounds)...... others like Mike Borders running CUP tires said they will join others running Y rated high performance tires in the future...even with inner liners race tires on a public road are adding risk you just don't need.

If you did not have the bump steer mod on your Pantera already I would sure recommend adding it.

Open Road Racing is not for the feint of heart. ;-)

Mad Dawg Antenucci
Team Pantera Racing
www.teampanteraracing.com