[DeTomaso] bearing race

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Tue Sep 22 05:07:54 EDT 2009

The 403 bearing is a straight roller, not tapered. It's also very
expensive as Todd writes, several hundred dollars. I would still not
re-use the inner part as the bearing parts are a set as Jack writes.
Also, who knows what went through the bearing when the ring gear chewed
at the outer race. You should also question why the race moved in the
first place. It's held in place by a locking screw protruding into the
outer race that should require considerable force to be sheared off.

Tomas