[DeTomaso] Corvette track test.

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Mon Sep 21 17:28:23 EDT 2009

Now (21/9) we have been out on the track test driving the car. I
must say that we are very pleased so far. We increased the front
wheel rate to prevent the splitter from hitting the ground. We
need to reduce the expansion of the rear diffussor with 2 "to raise
the downforce effect. Greater expansion reductions resulted in
less downforce.
The rear wing was mounted to dramatically increase rear downforce.
At 110 mph, we had about 600p over the rear axle. The steering
was good feeling when all the downforce came with, and the manual
concept car is working well. We were wondering how the almost zero
consolidated front end geometry would work, 1 SAI dgr, 2 dgr caster
and almost no scrub. But together with the manual steering so the
drivers thought that the feeling in the steering wheel became even
better and cleaner. We are now starting to get a better picture of
how the spring system must be designed and we will probably use a
third vertical system that has about 1/2" clearance before it stops
kompression from downforce. In this way we can go right soft
suspension (more front roll stiffness) at low speed and get good acc
grip out of the curves.
There are images at  <http://www.hemipanter.se/> www.hemipanter.se
Click ”Corvette Nordic
 <http://www.hemipanter.se/> Supercar”