[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 62, Issue 21-spoilers-wheel backspacing

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Sep 21 15:40:09 EDT 2009

In a message dated 9/21/09 9:54:16 AM, RCBSONS1 at aol.com writes:

> I have run Hoosiers on my autocross car that have a square edge and then
> switched to Kumos that have a rounded edge and the rounded edge now hits in
> some cases..

Good point- tires will vary- AND FLEX. I remember one owner that carefully
measured his car, added maximum- size wheels and tires and towed the car
hunderds of miles to a track day. He got 5 laps before one rear tire flexed
sideways enough in hard cornering to cut the inner sidewall open, causing a
catastrophic on-track blow-out. No body damage but that was the end of his
rather expensive   'Vegas weekend.
Mike- dunno if he was the original owner.... J Deryke