[DeTomaso] Clutch help

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Sep 21 15:25:54 EDT 2009

I had this problem in a concentric piston throwout system similar to yours,
Roger, and it turned out to be the stock master cylinder bypassing
internally so it would not hold pressure. I wound up changing masters to a 3/4" dia.
aluminum Girling.
Minimize driving the car until you get this straightened out. If by chance
the throwout bearing and its driving piston is bottomed in the cylinder, the
piston will be spinning with the clutch. The quad-ring that seals the whole
hydraulic system cannot take any rotary motion at all, and you'll soon
spring a leak (~50 miles?) requiring a complete clutch cylinder rebuild- which
means the ZF will be out on the floor to do this. Good luck- J Deryke